[OpenStack Foundation] [Diversity] re: Diversity Workgroup APAC 2015-08-27

APlimpton aplimpton at gmail.com
Thu Sep 3 14:39:12 UTC 2015

>>Citizenship isn't necessarily a good indicator either, it's relatively
easy to change and it's quite common >>to do so. I suppose we could go for
"citizenship at birth" and "current location".

Indicator of what? If we know what metric is trying to be captured here it
would be easier to evaluate the effectiveness of the questions.

>>My thinking was that "ex-patriate" birth is far rarer than emigration for
employment reasons, especially >>inbound to the US.

Without any research I would expect that to be true. However the questions
should allow people to answer accurately, even if they are in the minority,
so that we have the best possible data set to work from.

Thanks,
Amanda