[OpenStack Foundation] [OpenStack][Women of OpenStack] Kick-off Meeting Info

Jeremy Stanley fungi at yuggoth.org
Wed Sep 2 20:02:25 UTC 2015

On 2015-09-02 14:43:27 +0000 (+0000), Barrett, Carol L wrote:
> The team that has put together the kick-off meeting decided on a
> voice call as being a more approachable vehicle than IRC.
>
> People who are new to IRC, Gerrit, etc. can find those tools
> difficult to configure and run, and by using IRC we could make it
> more challenging for people to participate.

Though it does appear that requiring the use of a telephone did
indeed make it difficult/impossible for at least some people to
participate. Perhaps having a conference call to explain to people
how to use IRC would be a good middle ground, and faster bootstrap
participants onto the mechanisms established within our community
for mass communication.
--
Jeremy Stanley