[OpenStack Foundation] [Diversity] re: Diversity Workgroup APAC 2015-08-27

Roland Chan roland at aptira.com
Wed Sep 2 00:21:38 UTC 2015

On Wed, 2 Sep 2015 at 01:04 Alexis Lee <lxsli at hpe.com> wrote:

> I'd avoid the actual acronym entirely as it's not widely known. But
> expanded, it becomes simple:
>
> "Do you identify as a gender minority?"
> "Do you identify as a sexual or romantic minority?"
>
> Adding "or LGBT" seems redundant and to dilute the inclusiveness.

My only issue with the questions above is that I would need to google in
order to understand what gender minority means, and similarly romantic
minority. The questions are great once the respondent is clued up on the
what the terms are.

I'll see if I can come up additional text that doesn't get too bulky.

Roland