[OpenStack Foundation] [Diversity] re: Diversity Workgroup APAC 2015-08-27

Roland Chan roland at aptira.com
Tue Sep 1 13:34:03 UTC 2015

To be clear, while I am very interested in all aspects of diversity, I am
not active in the field of sexuality diversity. As such I may not be across
current language usage.

As per my previous email GSRM is a new term to me and I don't see a lot of
it in what might be broadly called mainstream media. I am concerned about
solely using GSRM as it may require long explanatory notes, or otherwise
confuse. Perhaps this is moot point within these communities.

What do people think about a form of words that includes, essentially "GSRM
or LGBT" with expansion of both acronyms? Obviously this increases my
comprehension/recognition but then my comprehension is not of primary
concern to this survey. My aim to to ensure clarity for the largest number
of people and minimising exclusion.

Comments/brickbats always welcome.

Roland