[OpenStack Foundation] OpenStack India Online Meetup : Foundation Support

Tom Fifield tom at openstack.org
Fri Oct 16 08:38:05 UTC 2015

On 16/10/15 16:10, OpenStack India Online wrote:

> On Fri, Oct 16, 2015 at 1:16 PM, Tom Fifield <tom at openstack.org
> <mailto:tom at openstack.org>> wrote:
>
>     Hi Swapnil,
>

> Hi Tom,
>

>     Please allow me to introduce you to Kavit Munshi, our OpenStack
>     Ambassador in India, and one of the leaders of the user group there :)
>

> Thanks for the introduction. We know each other. I have presented many
> times at the OpenStack India meetups.

Oh, sorry about that - when I was speaking with Kavit just now he
mentioned this was the first time he'd heard of this idea, so I assumed
you weren't acquainted.

>     Kavit has a wide range of contacts with people all over the country
>     from South to North - so a really great guy to know to get plugged
>     in to the community.
>
>     @Kavit, could you talk with Swapnil about how to fit more online
>     activities into the Indian User Group?
>

> To briefly introduce the agenda of the meetup is to get rid of the
> traditional "*come-meet-eat-network"* model of the meetup. I want people
> who are contributing to OpenStack to come forward and have something
> productive discussed/presented which would help create a contributor
> base rather than just one time attendees.

Excellent! That sounds like a good aim that applies equally to the
online and offline aspects of the community. I am certain the Indian
User Group will benefit from your ideas.

Anyway, have a chat with Kavit, see what you can come up with together
and let us know :)