[OpenStack Foundation] [Openstack][Diversity] Code of Conduct Question Follow-up

Jonathan Bryce jonathan at openstack.org
Mon Oct 12 19:10:57 UTC 2015

Hi Carol,

There are 2 basic codes of conducts: the overall Community Code of Conduct and then one specific to the Summit. The Summit one deals with the issues that are specific to an on-site event with thousands of attendees, speakers, and sponsors and the associated content and events happening. It has a detailed description of the contact points and response process for complaints. You can view the current version here: https://www.openstack.org/summit/tokyo-2015/code-of-conduct

The more general Community Code of Conduct is located at http://www.openstack.org/legal/community-code-of-conduct/ and points people to contact the Executive Director with my email address.

We have only had a small number of complaints that have been escalated to me, about two to three per year. I review each one and have sometimes involved our corporate counsel for certain issues. Also, depending on the nature of the complaint and working with the individual who submitted it, other leaders from the community (technical leaders, community managers, other Foundation staff) may join in to help resolve any concerns.

Jonathan