[OpenStack Foundation] Foundation help running a developer survey?

Dean Troyer dtroyer at gmail.com
Mon Oct 12 15:02:35 UTC 2015

On Sun, Oct 11, 2015 at 8:18 PM, Robert Collins <robertc at robertcollins.net>
wrote:

> +=====+
> - Are you coding on OpenStack as part of your daytime job
> - What percentage of your time can you dedicate to OpenStack
> - Is your employer enforcing a policy for upstream contributions
> (internal code review, require approval, etc)

Does your employer use constraints to limit the OpenStack projects eligible
for contribution? (internal strategic goals, former integrated release,
official projects only, anything in the git openstack/* namespace, other)

+=====+
> I would love to learn a bit about how DevStack is used outside the gate:
> * Do you use DevStack as part of your everyday workflow?
> * If so, on what distribution(s)?
> * Do you run a non-default configuration WRT system services? ie, qpid
> or zmq, or psql

add Neutron to this list? (at least until it is the default network, then
maybe ask about nova-net)

> %age of OpenStack time spent for work vs play? Employment status?
> Compensation? Might make a persuasive "get into this" argument if we're
> compensated relatively highly. Remote working?

Most developers work for vendors of some sort, the distribution might be
interesting to know: direct hardware (servers, etc), indirect hardware
(chips, etc), services (distros, ops support), direct operators, private
cloud inside some other industry, acedemia.

dt

--

Dean Troyer
dtroyer at gmail.com