[OpenStack Foundation] [Foundation Board] April 2 OpenStack Board meeting call for agenda items; Board packet materials due by Monday March 30th.

Jaesuk Ahn bluejay.ahn at gmail.com
Fri Mar 27 23:53:24 UTC 2015

Hi,

I am not a board member, but has an opinion on this.

The questionnaires looks more like performance evaluation question, not
non-technical survey question. Although it might be useful to know how
people think of activities of the board, IMHO, any kind of performance
evaluation should be carefully treated to avoid  any unnecessary confusion.
In other word, before we discuss whether we put these questions on public,
we should discuss what area we need to increase more feedback. There are
already several committees, working groups to actively gather members'
feedback. To know what area is missing is the first thing to discuss. Once
everyone agrees we need more feeeback from members on Board's activity,
then we start discuss how we do that.

IMHO, asking people with scale on something's performance is careful thing
to do, because it becomes "score", not an opinion. Since this is not a
question everyone must participate, there might be some situation most
people does not answer since they have less opinon, but only certain people
with negative opinion participates. Then, we gets very low score on the
performance evaluation without majority participation. IMHO, that is one of
the reason to more carefully make these kind of questions with clear
puopose of what we want to get out of these questions.

Thank you hearing me. :)

Cheers,

---
Jaesuk Ahn, Ph.D.