[OpenStack Foundation] [Foundation Board] April 2 OpenStack Board meeting call for agenda items; Board packet materials due by Monday March 30th.

Tristan Goode tristan at aptira.com
Fri Mar 27 04:50:23 UTC 2015

(Putting this out to the Foundation list also for wider input)

Can I please propose a quick board discussion around improving the
feedback to the organisation, perhaps very easily by adding some feedback
questions to the user survey? Presently there is only one non-technical
question in the survey about what folks hope to see as priorities or
something like that. I'd be hoping to see questions like...

1: The goals for the OpenStack board in 2014 were X, Y and Z. On a scale
of 1 to 10 where 1 is least satisfied and 10 is most satisfied, how
satisfied were you that the board met goal X in 2014?  1  2  3  4  5  6  7
8  9  10
2: How satisfied were you that the board met goal Y in 2014? 1  2  3  4  5
6  7  8  9  10
3: How satisfied were you that the board met goal Z in 2014? 1  2  3  4  5
6  7  8  9  10

...and so on for TC performance, interactions with Foundation staff, and
so on.

>From what I can tell, we have a way to go to improving feedback to the
Foundation on governance, organisation and overall management presently
and this is a pretty standard mechanism used by organisations worldwide.

I'd welcome feedback from anyone in this area. It may be that the user
survey isn't the best place to add this, but I feel like there is
definitely room for discussion here.

Cheers
Tristan