[OpenStack Foundation] [Foundation Board] Jan 15 Minutes & DefCore for Review

Steve Noble snoble at sonn.com
Mon Mar 2 08:41:38 UTC 2015

On Sun, Mar 1, 2015 at 12:32 PM, Tristan Goode <tristan at aptira.com> wrote:

> *3.1 Notwithstanding a general policy favouring disclosure and
> transparency, certain sensitive information must remain confidential.
> “Confidential Information” means*
>
> *            (a) ...discussions around Gold Member applications ...*

*<snip>*

> An observation on last July's Transparency Committee report was that the
> Foundation's counsel are uncomfortable with the realities of a transparent
> board.

If my memory serves me correctly, the reason that discussions around Gold
Member applications is confidential is to protect the current board members
from the legal ramifications of their comments.

Tristan, is this a correct interpretation?  If so, I think this is might be
a good first item to cut from the confidential list. It is imperative that
the community know what is going on wrt companies trying to join the
OpenStack Foundation.  Just because a board member doesn't want to say
something publicly does not make it confidential.