[OpenStack Foundation] [Diversity] Stats on diversity in OpenStack

APlimpton aplimpton at gmail.com
Tue Jun 30 17:15:30 UTC 2015

Hi Roland,

I would say that the Diversity team should monitor other factors as well so
that we see the change over time as the team focuses on different factors.

One of the reasons I asked about existing metrics was to see what
historical data we have and which (if any) diversity factors are tracked.
Based on the 2014 report, the stats we've seen so far and the data
collected during OpenStack signup it would seem only gender and geography
have been tracked so far -- which were the two identified during the first
meeting. As far as I know that focus is not meant to exclude a discussion
how to gather statistics on other factors.

For that discussion we will have to identify which of the numerous factors
we want track (the diversity charter is very broad for its definition), how
they should quantified and how we should collect them -- some of these are
very sensitive for people and we have to take that into account.

Does that sound logical to everyone?

Thanks,
Amanda