[OpenStack Foundation] [openstack-community] [openstack-dev] OpenStack Meiji (明治) - Our next release name has been selected

Tristan Goode tristan at aptira.com
Wed Jul 8 05:51:30 UTC 2015

There's an easy solution to this and a great first step of the community to
improve diversity by inclusion. Names will always offend someone somewhere
on the planet, and this time we've made a cracker by offending an entire
country. (Though it might be fun to call the next release "Nixon")

So let's give up naming things like toys in our play crib, start acting
like grown ups and using semver or plain old integers. At worst, we might
have some people see bugs in version 13.

Cheers

Tristan