[OpenStack Foundation] Have any members been "retired"?

Dave Neary dneary at redhat.com
Thu Jan 15 14:26:41 UTC 2015

Hi,

Given the "Get out the vote" effort, it seems to me like there are a lot
of people who signed up for membership who are not active (sure, there
will be some people who join, are active in the project, and just have
no interest in voting, but it seems more likely that  of the 80% who
have mot voted, most are just not involved at all).

There was a rule in the by-laws to sunset membership for people who had
not voted in (if memory serves) the 2 previous elections.

Has this rule been put into effect? It seems like we would have less
trouble meeting the quorum if we thinned the membership down to people
who are voting in the elections.

This may already have been done - I'm getting old, and my memory isn't
what it used to be, but I don't remember seeing a notice of it.

Thanks,
Dave.
--
Dave Neary - NFV/SDN Community Strategy
Ph: +1-978-399-2182 / Cell: +1-978-799-3338