[OpenStack Foundation] Elections: Could we set the IRC topic?.

Sean Dague sean at dague.net
Thu Jan 15 13:07:05 UTC 2015

On 01/15/2015 05:04 AM, Richard Hartmann wrote:
> On Thu, Jan 15, 2015 at 10:54 AM, Thierry Carrez <thierry at openstack.org> wrote:
>> Alan Clark wrote:
>>> Stef, Thierry
>>>
>>> A suggestion:  Could we set the IRC topic, at end of mtgs (aka header) on the appropriate channels to "Get out and vote today!"
>>>
>>> Seems like meeting, meeting-alt, community, dev would be great targets.
>>>
>>> I'll be happy if people start complaining that we are spamming them about voting :-)
>>
>> Ccing Jeremy to check for feasibility.
>
> Debian has a meetbot which is open and can be used to both run
> meetings and set topics.
>
> If this is an actual IRC question (I am not sure), poke RichiH on IRC.

This is possible, but honestly, the number of folks that are foundation
members far exceeds what we see on IRC. I double IRC topic is going to
impact much.

I do think that orgs should send emails to their employees getting them
to vote. Hitting quorum is pretty important. The block vote concerns
should be less on this go around than just getting people out voting for
whatever reason so we can actually move the ball forward here.

	-Sean

--
Sean Dague
http://dague.net