[OpenStack Foundation] Tools to manage private/public conversations (was Re: Fwd: Re: [Foundation Board] propose 2015 board meeting dates)

Stefano Maffulli stefano at openstack.org
Wed Feb 25 00:04:31 UTC 2015

On Tue, 2015-02-24 at 12:29 -0600, Lauren Sell wrote:
>       * We should take quick action to create an open Board mailing
>         list and operate it just like the TC and User Committee lists.
>         This was a recommendation early on by the transparency
>         committee that stalled because we were waiting for an
>         OpenStack-based document store that could be used for the few
>         confidential pieces of information that needed to be
>         exchanged. In the interim, Board members were encouraged to
>         use the public foundation list, but I don't think that's
>         practical for every discussion and makes it too easy to keep
>         things on the private list.

The tools we have probably help make this even more of an issue.

Mark McLoughlin and Dave Neary suggested a path forward to merge the
public and private list, that requires QA and testing. I guess we could
create a mailing list and try things out to see if that option is still
viable or not

https://storyboard.openstack.org/#!/story/1160466

Is it worth proceeding? Any volunteer?

Regarding the repository for files, there was an effort from Infra team
to investigate deploying a couple of storage options but there was no
positive outcome from that investigation.  Maybe it's worth picking that
up again?

thanks
stef