[OpenStack Foundation] Fwd: Re: [Foundation Board] propose 2015 board meeting dates

Steven Noble snoble at sonn.com
Tue Feb 24 17:33:54 UTC 2015

Hi Mark,

Inline:

> On Feb 24, 2015, at 9:04 AM, Mark McLoughlin <markmc at redhat.com> wrote:
>

> On transparency and openness, as always I'm hugely in favor of improving
> this. I don't think this decision needed to be made privately. However,
> turning a relatively mundane decision into an unnecessarily heated and
> charged debate does little to encourage people to be more open.

Hopefully you can see the issue with your “molehill into a mountain” statement.  Since we (the general community) have limited insight into what is happening in the private board discussions, we can only work with what we have.  When a mundane issue like this is discussed and decided privately, it shows that there is an issue with openness and transparency.

As you are a member of the board, it is concerning that you believe bringing up a transparency issue (no matter how small) will create a situation where you and others will be less open and hence continue to drive transparency and openness in the wrong direction.