[OpenStack Foundation] [Diversity] OpenStack Diversity Working Group Meeting Thursday August 6 Recap
victor.morales at intel.com
Sat Aug 8 16:20:10 UTC 2015
I just want to share a couple of findings about getting OpenStack data.
Regarding consuming the Meetup API, it seems like the key used for authenticate that service is restricting the results of the search. I’ve opened a bug in their portal to verify that functionality but I’m not sure if they have a SLA for answering those questions. If someone has an account in meetup from other country, I can provide the set of instructions to double-check my theory.
By other hand, something that I found interesting is a web site that takes screenshots of some sites. I used to understand the growing of OpenStack and these are the results:
Groups Members Interested Cities Countries
1/29/12 15 1,927 332 12 6
6/30/12 25 8,648 1,050 21 10
5/14/13 64 16,450 2,939 50 21
7/29/13 95 20,439 3,653 72 28
4/2/15 440 102,451 11,908 222 59
8/6/15 551 138,678 12,170 259 63
From: Egle Sigler <egle.sigler at rackspace.com<mailto:egle.sigler at rackspace.com>>
Date: Friday, August 7, 2015 at 5:47 PM
To: "foundation at lists.openstack.org<mailto:foundation at lists.openstack.org>" <foundation at lists.openstack.org<mailto:foundation at lists.openstack.org>>, "women-of-openstack at lists.openstack.org<mailto:women-of-openstack at lists.openstack.org>" <women-of-openstack at lists.openstack.org<mailto:women-of-openstack at lists.openstack.org>>
Subject: [OpenStack Foundation] [Diversity] OpenStack Diversity Working Group Meeting Thursday August 6 Recap
Thanks everyone that joined us yesterday on IRC for our meeting. The next meeting will be Thursday, August 13 at 5:00 UTC.
Here are the notes from our meeting: http://eavesdrop.openstack.org/meetings/diversity_working_group_5/2015/diversity_working_group_5.2015-08-06-17.01.html
* We are meeting at two different times on alternating weeks. If you have not signed up for the foundation at lists.openstack.org<mailto:foundation at lists.openstack.org> mailing list, please do so: http://lists.openstack.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/foundation
* Travel support program deadline for Tokyo is approaching, please share with people that would benefit: https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/Travel_Support_Program
* OpenStack Seattle Day is offering free passes to women and minorities, please apply/share: http://www.openstackseattle.com/diversity-scholarships/
* OpenStack Tokyo Summit visa information: http://superuser.openstack.org/articles/get-your-openstack-summit-tokyo-visa-in-five-steps
We have also started 3 different projects:
* Diversity Survey project: we will be sending out a survey to gather more information from OpenStack community.
* Diversity Data project: we need to determine what data we already have and what success would look like.
* Code of conduct review project: reviewing current code of conduct and process for reporting/resolving violations.
We have volunteers for each project and expect more following next week’s meeting.
If you want to help, or have any questions/comments please let me know.
More information about the Foundation