[OpenStack Foundation] [Diversity] OpenStack Diversity Working Group Meeting Thursday August 6 Recap

Morales, Victor victor.morales at intel.com
Sat Aug 8 16:20:10 UTC 2015

Hi all,

I just want to share a couple of findings about getting OpenStack data.

Regarding consuming the Meetup API, it seems like the key used for authenticate that service is restricting the results of the search.  I’ve opened a bug[1] in their portal to verify that functionality but  I’m not sure if they have a SLA for answering those questions.  If someone has an account in meetup from other country, I can provide the set of instructions to double-check my theory.

By other hand, something that I found interesting is a web site[2] that takes screenshots of some sites.  I used to understand the growing of OpenStack[3] and these are the results:

        Groups  Members Interested      Cities  Countries
1/29/12  15      1,927   332     12      6
6/30/12  25      8,648   1,050   21      10
5/14/13  64      16,450          2,939   50      21
7/29/13  95      20,439          3,653   72      28
4/2/15   440     102,451         11,908          222     59
8/6/15   551     138,678         12,170          259     63

Regards,
Victor Morales

[1] https://github.com/meetup/api/issues/95
[2] http://web.archive.org/