[OpenStack Foundation] Summit session video license

Stefano Maffulli stefano at openstack.org
Mon Sep 22 21:02:08 UTC 2014

Hi Sayali,

I had a quick exchange with Jonathan and he highlighted that having a
'blank' license that allows modifications to the videos may not be
appropriate. Some of the recordings contain opinions and other things
that the speakers  may not want to be taken off context and modified to
be re-used.

I agree with Jonathan, and of all the Creative Commons licenses, I
would suggest to use only the least permissive ones (like CC-BY-ND)
which would not solve your problem.

To address the specific issue of the training guides, I would suggest
you to build a list of the videos you'd like to reuse. Once there is a
list, maybe the training manuals team can ask the speakers directly to
authorize the Foundation to change the license so that the content can
be modified (if needed) to be reused in the manuals.

/stef