[OpenStack Foundation] Supporting materials from board meetings

Mark McLoughlin markmc at redhat.com
Fri Sep 19 06:22:03 UTC 2014

Hi Alan

(For the background of people not on the board - in advance of each
meeting, Alan does an excellent job of getting board members to send
their supporting materials like papers and slide decks so that board
members can be fully prepared for the meeting.)

Our transparency policy doesn't address the topic of this sort of
material:

  http://www.openstack.org/legal/transparency-policy/

But I think the spirit of it would suggest that the materials should be
published after the meeting - perhaps you could publish them, or perhaps
Jonathan could include them in his summary?

The material is hugely useful to board members, but I think also hugely
useful to the wider membership. And since the material is discussed and
referenced in the open board meetings, it's already public information.

Thanks,
Mark.