[OpenStack Foundation] Board Meeting Summary - Nov 2

Jonathan Bryce jonathan at openstack.org
Thu Nov 6 14:26:47 UTC 2014

Hi everyone,

On Sunday, the Board of Directors gathered to meet in person before the start of the Paris Summit. We were fortunate to have all Board members attend, as well as a few dozen observers. We had a large agenda, but spent the majority of time hearing Platinum and Gold Member presentations before we cut the agenda short to convene the joint Board / TC meeting.

To start the meeting, the Board approved minutes from the Oct 20 Board meeting, and I gave an update on behalf of the Foundation Staff.  We then heard presentations from five companies who applied to fill the open Platinum Member position: Cisco, EMC, Ericsson, Huawei and Intel. All companies who applied are strong candidates and contributors to the community, and the Board ultimately elected Intel as the newest Platinum Member.  Two companies: Nebula and Symantec, applied to be Gold Members, but that decision was deferred until a later Board meeting (expected to take place via phone in December).  We were unable to tackle any additional agenda items or committee updates because we ran over time.

There's a great energy as the community gathered in Paris this week, and I have enjoyed seeing so many of you who were able to attend the Summit.

Thanks,
Jonathan