[OpenStack Foundation] Today's WSJ article

Rob_Hirschfeld at Dell.com Rob_Hirschfeld at Dell.com
Tue May 20 21:08:16 UTC 2014

Jonathan,

I saw the posting and agree with your point about the community being the referee.  I do have concerns that that also means press/analyst megaphones and lawyers shaping the discussion instead of the Foundation.

I think that Joshua was trying to get ahead of that and I'm glad to see some formalization around the open design tenet.

We should make sure to do follow-up on this as a learning exercise.  I'm also looking forward to reading more from the relevant parties as time passes.  I think it's hard to really respond to a snippet of information from the WSJ article which could be (and was!) interpreted in many different ways.  I suspect this may become a regular exercise during summits because it attracts a lot of attention.

Thanks.  You and Lauren had answered my concerns.

Rob