[OpenStack Foundation] Today's WSJ article <-- Alternatives to RHEL?

Andrew Clay Shafer acs at parvuscaptus.com
Wed May 14 20:38:17 UTC 2014

While I agree that it is prohibitive to 'support' software across a
combinatoric explosion of virtualization platforms, OpenStack is not a
virtualization platform per se.

Right now there is a lot of speculation, and I'm interested to see what
RedHat's official position actually ends up being.

If the RH position ends up being 'you must run RH OpenStack to have RHEL
guest support, period', then I see this forcing a 'splitting the baby
judgement of Solomon style' decision for the foundation and community.

I'll just keep reminding everyone, you get the OpenStack clouds you deserve.

gl;hf

-Andrew