[OpenStack Foundation] December Board Meetings Summary

Jonathan Bryce jonathan at openstack.org
Mon Dec 22 14:08:42 UTC 2014

Hello everyone,

Coming out of the Board meeting in Paris, the OpenStack Foundation Board of Directors had several items to finish up before the end of the year. Over the last couple of weeks, the Board held a series of productive phone conference meetings.

The Board approved a 2015 budget for the Foundation with increased funding for summits, continuing to build out community systems, and budget for hiring several new positions on the engineering, community management and marketing teams.

The proposed bylaws changes related to the ongoing core definition efforts were approved as previously posted and discussed on this list: http://lists.openstack.org/pipermail/foundation/2014-November/001785.html

These changes will appear for approval by the Individual Membership on the 2015 Individual Member Election ballot. We will need a strong turnout of voters to meet our quorum threshold for approving amendments like these, so please help us encourage participation in the upcoming election. More details on the election can be found online: http://www.openstack.org/election/2015-individual-director-election/

Also, the Board approved the DefCore designated sections for the Havana release. This completes the definition of the Havana DefCore specification and the DefCore committee will be moving on to the next round of capabilities and designated sections for follow on releases.

Finally, last week the Board of Directors held two executive session meetings to wrap up the Gold Member application reviews from the meeting during the Paris Summit. Both Nebula and Symantec were approved to become Gold Members of the Foundation in 2015.

December ended up being a very busy month, and I want to thank all the Board and other community members who participated in these meetings to help us finish up this important Foundation business before year end.

Jonathan