[OpenStack Foundation] OpenStack core and interoperability

Monty Taylor mordred at inaugust.com
Thu Oct 31 21:24:00 UTC 2013

This is how it works now. You're required to run the code.

Thing is, this is about legal contracts. So enforcement is hazy. Essentially, if hp signs a trademark usage thing that says we have to run it, our own lawyers won't let us do different. I think the first step is to say "OpenStack requires you run the code" ... Then as violations are brought to our attention, we look in to it.

On a parallel tack, compatible is testable. I think it's also useful. An OpenStack could not be compatible based on config. You could be compatible with being an OpenStack.