[OpenStack Foundation] Agreement on requiring board candidates to attend the meetings, and, why didn't this dogpile dial into the last meeting?

Thierry Carrez thierry at openstack.org
Sat Oct 12 08:34:36 UTC 2013

Joshua McKenty wrote:
> Wow. Just... wow.

Not sure exactly how to read this comment, but I'll expand:

We are electing people on the board to attend meetings and represent us.
People we trust to make or push the right decisions while we can carry
on doing our part of the work.

Asking "where were all the PTLs, the TC members" during a board meeting
placed two weeks before the final release date is, at best, misinformed.

I know most of them were putting extra hours helping get our first
release candidates out of the door, in time for field testing. They were
trusting the people they elected to represent their well-known (and
long-known) concerns about the election system. When they read the
meeting reports postponing a solution, then the ML comments saying not
so many people care about it, they raised the problem (again) on the
mailing-list. I personally don't see a problem with that, I think that's
the way we are supposed to communicate.

--
Thierry Carrez (ttx)