[OpenStack Foundation] Individual Member Director Elections

Kavit Munshi kavit at aptira.com
Fri Oct 11 17:46:36 UTC 2013

I find the whole membership pruning a bit too severe. There are many ways
to be involved in the community that are not very easy to track online. I
would give the example of someone who regularly attends meetups at their
local meetup group. That certainly qualifies as being an active member of
the OpenStack community, but  It is very difficult to track this at the
global level. Are we going remove this person from the community
membership?

I also find touting the net increase we have in membership at every event,
asking people to sign up and then removing them, a bit disingenuous. Maybe
we need different classes of members? Voting/Non-voting individual members
etc.

--

Kavit Munshi

Chief Technical Officer