[OpenStack Foundation] Agreement on requiring board candidates to attend the meetings

Tim Bell Tim.Bell at cern.ch
Fri Oct 11 16:50:39 UTC 2013

As one of the people who does not have their OpenStack activities within their job role and who lives in a timezone which until today :) required out-of-working-hours conferences, I think it is asking too much for mandatory participation in board meetings as a bar for entry.

There are many other criteria that we can apply such as membership of a user group, participation in mailing lists, blogging their experiences or attendance at summits which is a more significant contribution than dialing in for a 6 hour call ending at 2 a.m. in the morning.

In choosing to stand for election, the candidate accepts the activities that come with it. However, to require people to do their 'articles' before consideration for board membership does not seem the most effective use of some excellent community contributors.

Let's find some other criteria.

Tim