[OpenStack Foundation] Agreement on requiring board candidates to attend the meetings, and, why didn't this dogpile dial into the last meeting?

Mark McLoughlin markmc at redhat.com
Fri Oct 11 14:56:35 UTC 2013

On Fri, 2013-10-11 at 14:42 +0000, Atwood, Mark wrote:

> And finally, for many parts of the OpenStack community, this is our
> *job*.  We get paid to do this.  Dialing into a Board meeting and
> listening in should be as important in attending as the various
> meetings and con calls and all-hands and stand-ups that we do for our
> employers.  Where were all the PTLs, the TC members, the couple of
> dozen other community engagement folks?

If I wasn't on the board, and if there was a detailed summary of the
topics published after the meeting, then I'd read that rather than
dialling in just to listen.

I do think it would be worthwhile for people to attend in-person for an
hour or two if they happen to be convenient to the venue, but that's
more from a "look these are real people, people who care about
OpenStack" perspective.

Mark.