[OpenStack Foundation] Individual Member Director Elections

Mark McLoughlin markmc at redhat.com
Tue Oct 8 15:01:31 UTC 2013

On Tue, 2013-10-08 at 09:52 -0400, Monty Taylor wrote:
> None of the members of the board have behaved in a corrupt manner, nor
> have they behaved as second representatives of their corporations
> explicit interests. In fact, the appointed representatives haven't even
> done that.

Completely agree with that. It goes without saying that individual
member directors should represent the community not their employer, but
I've been surprised and impressed that even the platinum and gold member
directors (who are there explicitly to represent those companies) have
not sought to push corporate interests over the project's interests.

In that respect, we have established a healthy culture on the board but
it's really only obvious if you sit in on the board meetings. I can
totally relate to being sceptical about that.

Honestly, if the board was actually filled with the kind of corporate
bickering many of us feared, it would be a lot easier to feel we would
have the necessary support to make this change.

Mark.