[OpenStack Foundation] Individual Member Director Elections

Thierry Carrez thierry at openstack.org
Tue Oct 8 12:30:32 UTC 2013

Jim Jagielski wrote:
> The ASF moved to STV years and years ago and never looked back. It
> prevents a board based on pure popularity and especially one based on
> ballot stuffing.

That would be my preferred solution. FWIW we have been using Condorcet
on the technical leadership side (PTL elections and Technical Committee
elections) since the beginning.

Like many others, I just thought that adjusting the cumulative vote
rules would be a nice incremental improvement that doesn't require
bylaws changes ("look! it's still cumulative!")... but lawyer(s)
apparently disagree :/

--
Thierry Carrez (ttx)