[OpenStack Foundation] Individual Member Director Elections

Jeremy Stanley fungi at yuggoth.org
Mon Oct 7 17:30:20 UTC 2013

On 2013-10-07 10:12:22 -0700 (-0700), James E. Blair wrote:
[...]
> Consider this an outcry.  I can only speak for myself, but I have been
> patiently waiting for the board to address this issue, and I've been
> happy to let them get on with doing that work without maintaining a
> continual outcry.  I'm certain I'm not the only one in such a position.
[...]

I can state without hesitation that you are not the only member
incensed by the near-unanimous passing of that motion, nor by the
secretly-drafted (from the viewpoint of a majority of the
electorate) report from the election committee. I personally agree
with everything you've said, and urge the election committee to
follow a more open research methodology including a public
commentary period before making such recommendations in the future.
--
Jeremy Stanley