[OpenStack Foundation] [openstack-community] Calling all user group and meetup organizers

Tim Bell Tim.Bell at cern.ch
Sun Jan 13 19:17:24 UTC 2013

There is a difference between users who can help (all help is welcome!) and the actual committee itself. Comparing to the technical committee, there are PTLs and elected members which form the technical committee but many others take part.

Input/Discussions/Debate should be with the community at large but a subset of the community is needed for the final review of options and decisions (on behalf of their electorate). I don’t think It is always possible to have an ‘all users’ vote on each topic.

As I mentioned, none of this is decided yet (and comments are welcome on https://docs.google.com/document/d/1yD8TfqUik2dt5xo_jMVHMl7tw9oIJnEndLK8YqEToyo) but I think there is a need for a group of O(10) people nominated from the various constituents to act as a representative body.

Tim