[OpenStack Foundation] Thinking about the mission of the user committeee

Yujie Du duyujie.dyj at gmail.com
Fri Jan 11 05:06:51 UTC 2013

2013/1/11 Stefano Maffulli <stefano at openstack.org>

> On Thu 10 Jan 2013 06:29:14 PM CET, Yujie Du wrote:
>
>> Who can explain the difference between the User committee and User
>> Group?As we have many User group already right?
>>

> The main difference is that the User Committee is an organ of the
> OpenStack Foundation. Its mission is to represent the interests of users
> inside the Foundation. It is a new organ that is getting formed.
>
> The OpenStack User Groups are informal associations of people around the
> world that meet to discuss about OpenStack, share knowledge and
> experiences. These are important entities for the OpenStack project as they
> help spreading awareness, recruit developers and users and more. The user
> groups don't have a direct relation with the OpenStack Foundation even
> though the members of the user groups can be members of the Foundation and
> eventually be member of the User Committee.
>
> cheers,
> stef

Thanks!
Last year COSUG has organized many activities in China last year,1000+
participants,but we couldn't solve their appeal for the products of
OpenStack. So I think if they can get the timely corresponding from the
User Committee,it will be great!

And for the success of the foundation the Users from Asia-Pacific can not
be ignored. "OpenStack has been huge in APAC! "
https://www.networkworld.com/news/2013/011013-openstack-mirantis-265702.html?hpg1=bn

--
--Ben

OSI Individual Member
OpenStack Foundation Board Member
Co-founder and Leader of China OpenStack User Group( COSUG )

Mobile:  +86 15921531026
WEIBO: http://weibo.com/u/1716287123<http://www.weibo.com/u/1716287123?from=profile&wvr=4&loc=infweihao>
TWITTER: https://twitter.com/ben_Duyujie
LINKEDIN: cn.linkedin.com/in/duyujie