[OpenStack Foundation] Thinking about the mission of the user committeee

Tim Bell Tim.Bell at cern.ch
Thu Jan 10 21:33:47 UTC 2013

I've really appreciated the discussions in these areas as it has touched on
many of the areas that I struggled with as I tried to answer "who is an
openstack user" for the points for discussion document.

One of the big flexibilities of the user committee is that there are not a
large set of bylaws currently and I think we should maintain flexibility going
forward so that we can evolve the user committee.

That we are currently addressing the 'engaged user' communities with more
emphasis than the 'casually engaged' reflects the point of the cycle we are
in. There are concrete items we need to do to address the engaged user needs
so we can start here (but make sure that we do not construct a closed
definition of a user to exclude the casual ones).

Tim