[OpenStack Foundation] OpenStack Certification

Stephen_Spector at Dell.com Stephen_Spector at Dell.com
Wed Feb 27 19:23:37 UTC 2013

Josh:

Thanks, I see the info at https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/Governance/Foundation/12Feb2013BoardMeeting and will wait for the minutes from that meeting to be published.

Stephen Spector

From: Joshua McKenty [mailto:joshua at pistoncloud.com]
Sent: Wednesday, February 27, 2013 1:16 PM
To: Frans Thamura
Cc: Spector, Stephen; Knuth, Rafael - Dell Team; foundation at lists.openstack.org
Subject: Re: [OpenStack Foundation] OpenStack Certification

Stephen, there was an update on this process in the last board meeting minutes. It's still moving forward.

On Wed, Feb 27, 2013 at 8:55 AM, Frans Thamura <frans at meruvian.org<mailto:frans at meruvian.org>> wrote:

+1

Any idea for distribution also

I believe can help here esp in indonesia.

Frans Thamura
Meruvian
Integrated Hypermedia Solution Provider
On Feb 27, 2013 11:49 PM, <Stephen_Spector at dell.com<mailto:Stephen_Spector at dell.com>> wrote:
I was looking at old meeting minutes and noticed this on the October 15 meeting:

15:30-16:30 - Discussion items
*         January election plans
*         Discuss proposal for certification program
*         Review trademark policy
*         Review mechanism for approving and publishing minutes
I searched the emails in the foundation but did not see any information on this issue. I am a big fan of having an OpenStack Certification but I currently only see Rackspace (http://www.rackspacetraining.com/). Is the Foundation considering the creation of a set of standards that an individual must meet to be "OpenStack Certified" at which time organizations in the community could then create training classes to meet those standards?

I look forward to hearing the view of the foundation on this issue and learning more about how Dell can possibly get involved to start increasing the number of OpenStack Certified professionals globally.

Stephen Spector
Cloud Evangelist
Dell | Cloud Services
office + 1 512 723 8661<tel:%2B%201%20512%20723%208661>
stephen_spector at dell.com<mailto:stephen_spector at dell.com> | @SpectorAtDell<http://twitter.com/SpectorAtDell> | Dell Blogs RSS Blog Feed<http://en.community.dell.com/b/MainFeed.aspx?UserID=1840097>

Joshua McKenty, CEO
Piston Cloud Computing, Inc.
w: (650) 24-CLOUD
m: (650) 283-6846
http://www.pistoncloud.com

"Oh, Westley, we'll never survive!"
"Nonsense. You're only saying that because no one ever has."