[OpenStack Foundation] Individual Member Election Statistics (January 2013)

Mark McLoughlin markmc at redhat.com
Sun Feb 10 04:07:06 UTC 2013

On Sat, 2013-02-09 at 19:30 +0000, Tim Bell wrote:

> I strongly object to the assertion that employment history should be
> considered in the way you propose. Having worked with Lauren closely in the
> past year, I am surprised at the implication behind your statement.

To be fair to Lloyd, I read his comment as "some people might label
Lauren as a Rackspace stooge but looking at the Rackspace voting stats
would show how diverse her support is".

i.e. I actually read it as a positive comment and agree with the
sentiment.

It's important to counter any FUD about Rackspace influence over the
Foundation but I wouldn't like to see a single individual subjected to
more scrutiny than other candidates.

> I worked for IBM for 15 years and found this an excellent experience, I've
> moved on to other activities, have good relationships with former colleagues
> and fond memories but I was elected to represent the individuals of the
> foundation.
>
> I am sure that all other individual directors feel the same.

I feel very strongly that I'm representing the Individual Members rather
than my employer, if that's what you mean.

Cheers,
Mark.