[OpenStack Foundation] how can i

Dave Neary dneary at redhat.com
Tue Apr 23 09:09:29 UTC 2013

Hi Kabiraj,

On 04/22/2013 03:55 PM, Kabiraj Gaire wrote:
>  I am a newbie in Cloud but once i started doing research in cloud for
> my graduate diploma project I came across with OpenStack. After i read
> how it was developed and how this mission is going on I am very excited
> about doing some practical implementation of OpenStack. For my initial
> learning process i installed OpenStack Essex on Ubuntu. Now I am very
> keen on continuing OpenStack practical learning. I would like to know
> how i can contribute to this OpenStack community and for the IT student
> like me how OpenStack can be very useful for my career in future. It
> would be great to get reply for this mail. Hoping for your reply. Thank you.

In my experience contribution is preceded by usage. I would recommend
that you figure out how you can deploy OpenStack beyind a small test
environment, and figure out its value to you and your friends. Perhaps
you could volunteer to set up an OpenStack lab for your university? This
would be an excellent opportunity to better understand what the project
has to offer, and to see shortcomings which you would then be in a
position to fix.

This is not to take away from Alan's advice, but (again, in my
experience) contributions are only sustained when contributors are using
the software regularly.

Hope this helps!
Dave.

--
Dave Neary - Community Action and Impact
Ph: +33 9 50 71 55 62 / Cell: +33 6 77 01 92 13