[OpenStack Foundation] Welcome Joseph George to the OpenStack Board and a big Thank You to John Igoe for his service

Alan Clark aclark at suse.com
Mon Apr 1 18:25:44 UTC 2013

Greetings,

In accordance with the OpenStack Bylaws Dell, Inc. has provided the Board Chair and Executive Director notification that Joseph George will fill the Gold Director position that was previously held by John Igoe.

Though I am sure we will continue to see John within the OpenStack community, we wish to thank him for his service and contributions to the OpenStack Board.  John played an active role in the initial formation and launch of the OpenStack Foundation as well as actively participating in many of the current board work efforts. Thanks John!

We also wish to extend a welcome to Joseph George and look forward to working with him as we move the mission forward.  Joseph will join the April 14 board meeting.  He will also attend the Summit and will participate in the Breakfast with the Board on April 15. If you haven't met Joseph be sure to introduce yourself at the Summit.

Regards,
AlanClark
OpenStack Board Chair