[OpenStack Foundation] Proposals for individual board election

Carl Trieloff cctrieloff at redhat.com
Wed Oct 31 17:27:52 UTC 2012

On 10/25/2012 10:01 PM, Ryan Lane wrote:
> So my major proposal is that increasing the barrier for the individuals to
> > be nominated. In addition, the following 3 steps are required before voting
> > start:

I think this is simple:

- Only allow nomination from people Already contributing to OpenStack.
Proof from past actions is always stronger than future intentions.
- Only allow active contributors to have binding votes on nominees.
- The person that nominates, can't be the nominee and can't be the
person that seconds the nomination.
- The nominee on acceptance of the nomination needs to make a public
statement (on e-mail list) on their commitment to act on behalf of the
project and in the interests of the project.

Anyone else needs to earn their stripes by contributing to the project
first, and build enough karma in so much as someone else will be willing
to nominate them.

Carl.