[OpenStack Foundation] Proposals for individual board election

Hui Cheng freedomhui at gmail.com
Fri Oct 26 11:01:17 UTC 2012

Thanks for Ryan and Mark's comments,
I would like to improve my humble ideas.

I definitely agree that it is a issue that one single company having large
number of voters, and we should take somewhat actions to limit it, and I do
thank we can also employ additional methods to improve the whole process of
individual board election.

The idea behind my thoughts is that it is easier to increase the barrier of
the minor candidates and keep it eligible meritocracy  than to set higher
barriers for the whole individual members, because the latter involves
6000+ members.

Regarding the video record, I would admit lack of thorough consideration,
the type of barrier maybe not suitable or practical for all candidates, so
I would agree it should not be required. Thanks for your indication.

But still, I would rather insist that a public statement should be
required, it's original intention is not for campaign, but sort of way to
make candidates show their involvement and contribution in OpenStack, as
well as his their understanding of OpenStack Foundation and future plan to
further achieve foundation's mission,  thereby facilitating voter to make
his own choice.

--
Hui Cheng - 程辉

Community Manager of COSUG