[OpenStack Foundation] OpenStack syllabi -was- Re: Use of the word "certified" and protecting brand OpenStack

Lloyd Dewolf lloydostack at gmail.com
Thu Oct 11 21:58:02 UTC 2012

On Wed, Oct 10, 2012 at 2:42 PM, Tristan Goode <tristan at aptira.com> wrote:

> Leaving Rackspace’s actions aside, I made a suggestion for a certification
> process for training materials and deliverables that they be offered to a
> community sourced committee for review and approval. If this proposal is
> accepted then I would ask Rackspace that they offer up their course
> materials for this review, and that this might form a baseline for
> establishing the certification benchmark.

I'm interested in collaborating on OpenStack course work.

We've done training for our customers on Piston Enterprise OpenStack, and
the European participants particularly have wanted certification. I've been
eager to work on this for many months. I've just waiting for the Foundation
to get it's legs under it.

Near the start of my career I found the lpi.org first course and test
helped boost my Linux skill set. The experience encouraged me to play a
small role in the IBM team developing a version of the
certification testing for IBM DB2 back in the day.

I'd like to contribute to developing common OpenStack syllabi.

Thank you,
--
@lloyddewolf
http://www.pistoncloud.com/