[OpenStack Foundation] Board Meeting - October 15th

Vincent Untz vuntz at suse.com
Thu Oct 11 06:41:13 UTC 2012

Hi,

Le mercredi 03 octobre 2012, à 23:19 -0500, Jonathan Bryce a écrit :
> The Board of Directors of the OpenStack Foundation will be meeting on
> October 15th 2012 at 11:00am PDT. The meeting will take place in
> person at the San Diego Manchester Grand Hyatt and also by remote
> teleconference.
>
> The agenda is being drafted on the wiki:
> http://wiki.openstack.org/Governance/Foundation/15Oct2012BoardMeeting

Could the board take some time to discuss how to proceed with the next
elections?

There are specifically three items I'd like to see discussed:

 + timeline for the next elections (due in January 2013)

 + after-action report from the inspectors; we sent it last month:
   http://lists.openstack.org/pipermail/foundation/2012-September/001113.html

   For instance, I see there's already a board meeting planned for
   January 31st. It seems that would leave at least one week to the
   inspectors to verify the results, which is good.

 + possible changes to election rules; the election statistics published
   last week triggered some discussion about what some people see as a
   flaw in how things are currently set up:
   http://lists.openstack.org/pipermail/foundation/2012-October/001114.html

   There were several ideas raised before the elections in August to at
   least mitigate this flaw, but we couldn't implement them because it
   was too late. I really want to get this improved for the next
   elections, and I think it's safe to assume I'm not the only one :-)

Thanks,

Vincent

--
Les gens heureux ne sont pas pressés.