[OpenStack Foundation] Individual Member Election Statistics

Tristan Goode tristan at aptira.com
Wed Oct 3 17:13:37 UTC 2012

With a community of this size and growing, one consideration might be to reduce the count of number of persons from one organisation from 2 to 1. This doesn't fix the low barrier of entry problem though.

In a worst case scenario (i like worst case scenarios) where we have several large organisations  join the Golds and miss out on a Gold seat, then there's nothing to stop them taking 2 individual seats each with some mass mail outs, and right now there's no way I can think of to prevent that.

Making people pay for membership is something, but $99pa is a lot of money in developing nations, so that would discriminate.

Sent from my iPad.