[OpenStack Foundation] Member Profile pages November 26

Mark Collier mark at openstack.org
Tue Nov 20 14:17:12 UTC 2012

That was phrased in a someone vague manner to leave open to interpretation... and purposely avoided the use of the term "contributor" so as to avoid that age old debate :)

IMHO anyone who is deploying OpenStack is "involved with" any piece they are deploying/running.

For the future, we could definitely add a lot of additional fields to help each member express their support for, and involvement with, openstack in a more detailed way. Perhaps a "I'm a user" badge with details on your deployment... and on the developer front, Monty & team are working to better tie together the member database and the launchpad IDs used for the dev process, so we could automate display of recent code contributions.  We could do a lot of cool things!  Monday's profile is a very basic starting point.  Let's work on improving it together.