[OpenStack Foundation] Invitation to training session: OpenStack Board Meeting November 2, 2012

Jonathan Bryce jonathan at openstack.org
Fri Nov 2 21:04:23 UTC 2012

As Alan announced, the OpenStack Foundation Board held a Board meeting today from 9:00am PDT to 11:00am PDT. The planned agenda was drafted on the wiki: http://wiki.openstack.org/Governance/Foundation/02Nov2012BoardMeeting

This meeting served as a follow on to the October 15th meeting to address several important items we were not able to cover then. The Board discussed the 2013 budget, the 2013 election schedule and possible updates to the election process. The Board also discussed ways to work jointly with the Technical Committee, including around providing more detail on the incubation process and what "core" OpenStack means. Finally, there was a brief discussion around training and certification, and the Board approved the minutes from the previous meeting.

Decisions that were made:
- Approved the 2013 budget
- Finalized the schedule for the 2013 Individual Director and Gold Director Selector elections (included below)
- Discussed options for updates to the election process. Tim Bell, Hui Cheng and Tristan Goode are pulling together some recommendations that they will be sharing with the mailing list for feedback before the election period opens with nominations on November 26.
- Mark Collier will establish a working group to help define the Foundation's program with regard to training and certification. Anyone interested in being involved should contact Mark (mark at openstack.org).
- Approved the October 15th Board meeting minutes (http://wiki.openstack.org/Governance/Foundation/15Oct2012BoardMinutes)

The schedule for the 2013 Board elections is as follows:
- November 26: Individual Member nominations open, election section of openstack.org goes live with details on process and candidates
- December 7: Individual Member nominations close
- December 14: Deadline for Individual Member Nominees to complete application
- January 3: Gold Director Selector Election
- January 14: Individual Member Elections open
- January 18: Individual Member Elections close

Thanks to those who took the time to join and listen in. Feel free to let us know if you have any questions,

Jonathan