[OpenStack Foundation] Proposals for individual board election

Lloyd Dewolf lloydostack at gmail.com
Thu Nov 1 20:14:20 UTC 2012

I can't see the Foundation not doing an exception again.

The foundation was launched Sept 19, 2012
<http://www.datacenterknowledge.com/archives/2012/09/19/openstack-foundation-launches/>
that would suggest an earliest election of March 18, 2013 if the
Foundation had immediately announced a cut-off for membership voting
for the 2013 elections -- which I don't recall ever seeing.

In the unlikely event the Foundation makes the bad tasting choose of
running elections using membership from prior to the foundation being
fully formed and without having announced membership cut-off for
voting, then assuming Sept 19, 2012 was the date of incorporation,
then the blog post
<http://www.openstack.org/blog/2012/07/join-the-openstack-foundation/>,
website, and other election communications should have include that
August 19, 2012 was the cut-off for voting in the first full year
elections in 2013.