[OpenStack Foundation] Proposals for individual board election

Carl Trieloff cctrieloff at redhat.com
Thu Nov 1 13:58:03 UTC 2012

Bret,

I would simply ask, how do you want to contribute? doing meetups,
helping on IRC, helping new users on the mail lists. bloging...

It can be anything valuable that is recognizable to the community -
point is it need to be valuable and recognizable.

Having a bar does not mean closed. The key is the criteria is open, and
anyone can put the effort in to meet the criteria. In the same way, the
code base is open today, but not anyone can push anything into the
codebase. First you need to understand the code base, then you need to
do something valuable and create a patch. then others need to agree that
the patch is good (valuable), then your patch is included. There is
clearly a bar here, and yes the project is open. Open means there is a
clear criteria, and anyone can meet it if they put the effort in. The
key is the process and criteria is documented, and run in the open and
transparently. i.e. there is not someone randomly deciding in private.

Carl.