[OpenStack Foundation] [Openstack] Foundation Structure: An Alternative

Justin Santa Barbara justin at fathomdb.com
Fri Mar 16 17:47:21 UTC 2012

I think there are incredible similarities here to the drafting of the US
constitution, and I mean that in a positive way.  Much wiser men than us
solved a much harder problem, so perhaps we can borrow some of their ideas:

1) There are two voting classes: one in which bigger members have more
power, another in which each member has equal say.  Both have to agree, so
neither group can abuse the other.
2) Even this can go wrong, so there is another group who can nullify any
decisions that are contrary to the project ideals.
3) The actual day-to-day work is done by a separate group of people

Justin
(Wearing my "Citizens for a Constitutional OpenStack" hat.  If we draft
something based on this notion, maybe Piston can provide suitable costumes.)