[OpenStack Foundation] Foundation Structure: An Alternative

Sean Roberts seanrob at yahoo-inc.com
Mon Mar 12 18:55:22 UTC 2012

How about as many companies that want to contribute annually $100K to running the foundation separate from marketing and sponsorship, can do so.  Each company or a self-affiliated block of companies can put forward their board candidate. The companies that contributed to the board can then vote on 2/3 of the overall board membership. The 8 candidates with the largest number of votes are board members for one year. The user community would still have 1/3 of the board seats to elect 4 people of note. The board membership would be limited to 12 people. This way, all the committees and boards will be elected.
A board membership code of conduct will be very important in this situation, as to protect the community from some companies up to mischief.

BTW, I see no reason to dirty the good name of Heidi Klum by dragging her into this.
sean
roberts

infrastructure strategy

seanrob at yahoo-inc.com<applewebdata://2E35986A-DC2A-436F-BB4A-C451982006C2/seanrob@yahoo-inc.com>
direct 408-349-5234    mobile 925-980-4729

701 first avenue, sunnyvale, ca, 94089-0703, us
phone (408) 349 3300    fax (408) 349 3301