[OpenStack Foundation] [Openstack] Foundation Structure: An Alternative

Jay Pipes jaypipes at gmail.com
Sat Mar 10 00:08:05 UTC 2012

On 03/09/2012 06:56 PM, Mark Collier wrote:
> I'm all for face to face meet ups, and love that so many people have
> offered to hop on a plane to meet in the next week. Let's do it.
>
> However, I would say that this very list is, in fact, an open discussion
> that we're having right now regrading the proposals posted openly on the
> wiki :) I did noticed that your note was posted to the openstack mailing
> list -- Perhaps you aren't aware of the Foundation mailing list and have
> missed the discussion there? Foundation at lists.openstack.org

++

I'm all for open discussions.

 From a personal perspective, I maintain that a company's influence in
the OpenStack sphere from the very start of the OpenStack project has
been directly proportional to that company's contribution -- in code and
operational expertise -- to the project. If a company wants more
influence in the OpenStack ecosystem, there is a tried and true method
of obtaining it: increase the amount of contribution the company makes
to the project.

-jay